Solve "Getting Devices Ready" on Windows 10
In the clients which have different hardware specifications, it will pop up the message of "Installing PNP Driver for New Hardware" or show "Getting Devices Ready" screen during boot.
Normally, when your client pc shows "Installing drivers" (windows 7) or "Getting Devices Ready" (window 10), It does not affect diskless boot of the client.
Windows 7 and above have good compatibility with different hardware. To stop getting "Installing PNP Driver for New Hardware" or "Getting Devices Ready" in clients, you can follow the following instructions.
1) Superclient the PC that is showing the driver installation pop up or screen.
2) Boot the superclient PC and install relevant drivers for the client hardware.
3) Once done, shutdown the client PC.
4) Disable superclient and save the image.
5) Now, boot other clients as well and check if any client show the same "Installing drivers" again.
6) If any client show "Installing Driver" or "Getting Devices Ready", then repeat step 1 - 5.
7) Once you have finished doing step 1-6, but you still get the "Getting Devices Ready" or "Installing Drivers" then you need to use Hardware Profiles to resolve this.
1. Hardware profile work differently compared to simple superclient and install driver.
There are cases, the hardware drivers may be conflicting with each other, for example, the driver filename is same.
That is, after enabling super client to update the drivers of one of the clients, the drivers of other clients will have conflicts. Mostly, this problem happens to graphic card driver, when this happens, we recommend you try and use Hardware Profiles.
2. If you are experience increased reads and writes after using hardware profile then please make sure you enable client cache. Once enabled, you will see less write back to the server.
3. If you want update GPU driver or you have issues with recognizing GPU. Please do clean installation of GPU driver.
Ways to do clean installations:
Firstly uninstall GPU drivers using DDU (Download here)
Then install the latest GPU driver: