CCBootCloud supports diskless boot of the following OS systems:
- Windows 7 and x64.
- Windows 8 x32 and x64.
- Windows 8.1 x32 and x64
- Windows 10 x32 and x64
- Windows 11
Notes: It's diskless boot, so you no need to install any antivirus software at the client.
Important: Clients will not boot from CCBoot if you have enabled “SecureBoot” in bios.
You must disable “SecureBoot” in bios if you want to boot in uefi mode.
If you want to use CCBoot for diskless boot of PC, the PC should have the following features:
- The NIC should be a PXE 2.x compatible network adapter. The NIC can be onboard or installed. For most up-to-date motherboards, the onboard NIC can support PXE 2.x. For example, Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards.
- 1 Gbps speed NIC. We DO NOT recommend using 100M NIC. The diskless boot speed will be slow and can only boot a small amount of XP workstations.
- We recommend using Realtek and Intel 1000M series NIC. We DO NOT recommend using NVIDIA NIC. Since NVIDIA NIC is not stable in diskless booting. Some earlier and cheap Atheros NIC is also NOT recommended. They are not stable and have poor performance in diskless booting.
- Till now, CCBoot CANNOT diskless boot with wireless NIC (Wi-Fi network cards).
- The minimum RAM size is 512M. We recommend the client to use 2G RAM for XP and 4G RAM for Windows 7.
- CPU can be AMD or Intel, no specific requirements. (Note: Intel 7th and 8th Generation CPU and boards are also supported)
- Sometimes when your motherboard has a TPM module, it may prevent diskless booting, hence disable the TPM in the BIOS. This is mostly for the new motherboard that has this feature.
1. To disable TPM, after entering the BIOS, visit the Security tab and then set the TPM option to “Disabled”.
2. Boot from USB LAN is not supported. Also, zero clients like NComputing Zero clients are not supported as clients.
3. Killer NIC E2200, E2400, E2500 are supported in CCBoot new version since 20161221
4. CCBoot supports the recently released Ryzen CPU and motherboards for it as well. Ryzen 1700, 1700x have the best price to performance ratio for users.
5. CCBoot supports all Intel processors including the Skylake as well as the new KabyLake processors and the 7th and 8th gen processors and the respective boards.
6. CCBoot has support for Intel NUC and mini PCs from multiple vendors such as Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock, etc.
Important: For NUC, the only requirement that needs to be satisfied is that the NUC must have support to boot from legacy BIOS, if the NUC does not have support for boot in BIOS, you won't be able to boot from CCBoot.
Recommended hardware requirements
Regular PCs (Full HD gaming 144Hz for online games)
- B365 or Z390 or B450 for amd
- i5-9400f or R5-3600
- RAM 16 gb 2666
- GPU RTX 2060S or 1080ti or 2070S or RX 5700XT
VIP (QHD gaming 144Hz for online games)
- Z490 or X570 for amd
- i5-10600 or R5-3600XT
- RAM 32 GB
- GPU RTX 3060 ti or 3070 or 5800 or 2080S or 2080ti