How to Solve Write-back Disk almost Full
1) Normally, 128GB SSD can handle 25 Client PCs. for more than 25 Client PCs have two 128 GB SSD or single 256GB SSD
2) If you have more than 50 -60 Clients please use 512GB SSD for writeback or more, we recommend having two SSD rather than single SSD of larger size.
3) If you have more than 100 client then have multiple 512GB SSD for writeback to load balance clients writes.
Note: Samsung EVO SSD drives gives you the most performance and reliability among the SSD available on the market.
You can do following steps to prevent filling up of your writeback disk.
1. Enable Client Cache for the clients.
2. If you are using older version, untick "Keep writeback" option for the clients.
3. You can enable "Auto Reboot the largest Writeback Data Client" to reboot clients with biggest writebacks.
4. Find the program whose write-back speed value is very large, and then stop it's service. For details, please refer to "Find Large Write-back Speed Program".
5. Normally, when diskless boot Windows 7, it will cause little write-back data (less than 200M). After using Windows 7 for several hours without shutting down, the write-back data reach dozens of GB, this is because Windows 7 is installing latest patches from windows update, so you need to install the Windows 7 latest patches.
a. You can either disable windows update or
b. Superclient a PC and install all the latest updates from windows update.
Note: You can not delete writeback files, if the client is still online.
6. Turn Off Scheduled Defragmentation
In Windows, if scheduled defragmentation is turned on, it will run in background when the client PC is idle and causes high read/write on the server. This makes the writeback disk fill up as well as lags other clients.
To solve this, you need to disable Scheduled Defragmentation.
How to turn off Scheduled Defragmentation?
a. Boot a client is super client mode, once booted right click on C: and then choose Properties.
b. In the Tools Tab, click on Optimize … Then we will access Disk Defragmenter.
c. In Disk Defragmenter, if the scheduled defragmentation is on, click on Change Settings button, then uncheck "Run on schedule (Recommended)" checkbox.
d. Click "OK" button, then turn off the client PC and save the image
7. Delete writeback manually.
a. Select and right click the client pcs
b. Choose "Delete writeback" option
c. The writeback will be deleted for the selected client pcs.