Install CCBoot Server
Download the latest version of CCBoot Setup Package from website.
Installation process takes about a minute.
1) Open the setup package, click ‘Next’ in the first dialog (see Figure 1-1).
2) Continue with the installation till you reach the last dialog, tick the “Launch CCBoot” checkbox and click “Finish”button(see Figure 1-2).
3) Now CCBoot will run and open “About CCBoot”dialog box. Since new version the license system have been change to “Email and Password” authentication.
Here you enter your “License email” and“License Password” that you used to sign up your license with. Press “Sign in”to continue (see).
4) If you have not signed up, then click the “Click here to sign up” link to open “CCBoot” dialog box with signup page. (“CCBoot” Dialog box is new feature added in version since 20160405).
5) If your “License email” and “License password”is validated it will open the “CCBoot Web Browser”. If any field is wrong when signing in then an error is show above “License email” text box and “Change Password” page will be opened (see )
6) In the information page you will see information regarding your license, your license purchase date, expiry date, number of pc supported, etc.
7) Once the license is verified, a alert dialog box will show, “Registered OK”, press “OK” button to close it (see).
8) Since version 20160405, many options have been deprecated and added (see ).
a. Keep Write back (deprecated)
b. Image Upload Path (deprecated)
c. Server/Client Disk mapping (deprecated)
d. Boot Menu Timeout (*New)
9) Setup the DHCP settings as per your network configuration (example )
CCBoot Server Ports
CCBoot uses the following ports - 67 (DHCP), 69 (TFTP), 3260 (iSCSI), 1000 (Image Upload),8001 (Service Control). Please open these ports on the server firewall to make sure client PC can diskless boot successfully. For CCBoot v3.0, you also need to open port 66. v3.0 using port 66 as DHCP backup. And after v3.0 20130871,CCBoot use port 4011 instead of port 66 as DHCP backup.
Note: In order to make sure that client's PCs can diskless boot well, please shut down the other DHCP services on the LAN, especially the DHCP service in the router.You can be rest assured that after you disabled other DHCP services on the LAN,it will not affect other computers' connecting to the Internet, because CCBoot will provide DHCP service which could also be used by the computers which boot from HDD.