ISCSI Boot Windows with CCBoot in a Russian Cyber Cafe
My acquaintance with PXE boot Windows software - CCBoot, began in May 2009, when for unknown reasons have become massively fail drives on client computers, and we began to look for alternatives to renounce their use altogether. Pretty quickly I found a Google reference to www.ccboot.com tried in the laboratory test version, and then decided to move it.
Address: Russia, Krasnodar, Severnaya st. 300, Postovaya st. 34, "MediaPlaza"
Name: Network of e-Cafe's PORTAL
Number of comps:
1. Severnaya st. 300 – 64
2. Postovaya st. 34 – 68
3. "MediaPlaza" - 140
All sites have 100Mbit/sec optics interconnect, Internet -10Mb/sec.
On the "Severnaya" and "Mediaplaza" network 1 Gb /sec.
At "Postovaya", ISCSI have a separate physical network 1Gb/sec, and "gamenetwork" 100Mb/sec.
1. Severnaya st. 300 Intel Pentium D E2200 / 4Gb RAM /Adaptec 5508 RAID / 2*160Gb SATA mirror RAID for system +3*500Gb SAS RAID5 images +2*250Gb SATA Stripe RAID for cache + 4 *1000Gb SATA RAID5 for "Games disk".
2. Postovaya st. 34 Intel Xeon 3,2Ghz x2 /6Gb RAM /HP Smart Array P400 / 2*160Gb SATA mirror RAID for system + 4*1Tb SATA RAID5 + 4*500Gb SATA RAID5
3. Commercial and entertainment center "MediaPlaza" currently working on the old scheme with local HDD, will translate to CCBOOT soon.
1. Severnaya st. 300 – Intel Core2 Quad Q6600/2*1Gb RAM/Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS /Marvel 1Gb/sec LOM.
2. Postovaya st. 34 – Intel Core i7 920/3*1Gb RAM/Nvidia GeForce GTX260 /Intel PRO1000MT Netcard –ISCSI/Realtek 8169 LOM – Data.
3. commercial and entertainment center "MediaPlaza" – Intel Core2 Quad Q6600/2*1Gb RAM/Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS /Marvel 1Gb/sec LOM.
The program is good, but the lack of detailed How-to difficult to implement for beginners. Occasionally there are situations when only work experience is help and "scientific method spear". Here's the original email in Russia.