How to Create a Single Image for All SpecificationsThe PnP function of CCBoot makes it possible for you to create a single image for all client PCs with various specifications so that they can diskless boot with this single image. Suppose you need to implement PnP for 30 client PCs: PC-1, PC-2, PC-3... bellow are the steps for you.
- Install Windows XP or Windows 7 on the client (suppose PC-1) which has the best hardare specifications.
- Install NIC driver, chips driver and other low level drivers on PC-1.
- Install CCBootClient on PC-1 and restart it as required.
- Upload image from PC-1 to CCBoot server.
- Diskless boot PC-1 with super client and install all the other drivers and various softwares you need on it, then shut down PC-1.
- Try to diskless boot all the client PCs with the image you have uploaded from PC-1. If all client PCs can boot successfully, please go to Step 13, if one client (suppose PC-2) can not boot successfully, please go to Step 7.
- Boot PC-2 with HDD and install the same Windows edition on it.
- Install NIC driver on PC-2.
- Diskless boot PC-1 with super client and insert a USB key on it, copy c:\ccbootclient\ccbootpnp.exe to the USB key.
- Insert this USB key to PC-2. Run ccbootpnp.exe and click the "Collect Local NIC" button, it will create a folder in this USB Key named "Drivers" including NIC driver of PC-2.
- Insert this USB Key back on PC-1. Run ccbootpnp.exe on the USB key and click the "Merge Collected NIC" button. When finish, please shut down PC-1.
- Now, you are able to diskless boot PC-2 with the image successfully.
- Diskless boot PC-2 with super client, install other drivers on PC-2 if necessary and then shut down.
- Do the same as Step 13 for PC-3, PC-4, PC-5..
More information:what is super client diskless?