Slow boot speed when multiple client boot simultaneously
It takes about 1 minute to boot one client PC, but when all clients boot simultaneously, it takes a very long time (about 15 minutes to boot 50 client PCs). The clients boot speed is too slow.
The common issue for having slow diskless booting is listed bellow
- The Server and Client is not Gigabit LAN speed
- The Image is not properly optimized
- Server and client network are not properly optimized also
- Faulty Image disk and Write-Back disk
- Please check whether the flow control is disabled in the switch and server NIC properties. If not, please disable it.
- Use SSD for image disk instead of traditional HDD.
- Also use SSD for write-back disk instead of traditional HDD.
- Check if your client's NIC is working at 100M instead of 1G.(cable, switch or NIC may have issue)
- Add another NIC to the server and load balance two NIC to boot the client faster. (NIC teaming)
- Add more RAM cache to the image disk.
- Enable client cache