Server and client network optimization
- Open Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center and click on the change adapter settings (Figure 1).
- Right click on the network and click on Properties (Figure 2).
- Then click the "Properties" button and retain the "Client for Microsoft Networks", "Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)" and “File and Printer Sharing”, and uninstall other services and protocols(Figure 3).
Network Card Properties
- Now click on the Configure button (Figure 4).
- Select the "Advanced" tab, close the function of EEE, WOL, Green Ethernet, Jumbo frame, Offload Large Send, Flow Control, Offload Checksum, automatically shut down the PCIe, and automatically shut down the PHY (Figure 5).
- Choose "connection speed and duplex mode" to "automatic inspection". Please refer to the following form for detailed settings.
Offload Large Send
TCP/IP partial load option
Partial load receiving Checksum RxIp
Partial load receiving ChecksumRxTcp
Partial load conveying Checksum TxTcp
Partial load Tcp Segmentation
Partial load conveying ChecksumTxIP
Interrupt Throttle Rate
- It is enough to just disable flow control in NIC properties but depending on the requirement, you can disable other options as mentioned above.
- Most of the modifications of network card properties are under the circumstance of diskless. If you can't modify the information in a diskless situation, please try to modify with disks being attached. Besides, if you failed to disable flow control on the client side even with Super Client on Device Manager, we recommend modifying before uploading the image. If you have multiple specs, you need to modify every network adapter before uploading the image. If the network adapter type is the same, just need to disable the flow control once.