Wiki Home Quick start Diskless boot client
Diskless boot client
- Choose one client PC and set boot from network in bios;
- Turn on the client PC and go to the BIOS by pressing "F2 or Del or ESC key.
- Go to the "Advanced" tab, and select the "Integrated Peripherals" option and press "Enter" (Figure 1).
- In "Integrated Peripherals", look for "Lan Option ROM" or "Boot from LAN" or “PXE OpROM” or “Legacy PXE Boot Option ROM” and then change the option to "Enabled"(Figure 2).
- After that, go to the "Boot" tab and then select "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Priority".
- You need to set the "Network" to be the first priority (Figure 3).
- Now plug off the hard disk on the client PC, then boot it. You will see the following picture.
For first-time diskless booting the PC, you can modify its computer name and IP address as you wish. And then press the Enter key. The client will reboot again.
Now it will diskless boot successfully.
Below are pictures of the BIOS to enable diskless boot.