Create VHD USB
Another simple way to make a client image is to use the “Create VHD USB” tool. This method is similar to using “ImageX” to create images. This has more flexibility of supporting “.esd” file which is not support with “ImageX”
So, let’s see how to make image
- Open “Create VHD USB” tool from the “Tools” menu (Figure 1).
- On the “Create VHD USB” windows, click the "…” button to choose the image file for Windows “install.wim” or “install.esd” file (Figure 2).
- Once you have chosen the Windows image, choose your desired windows version from the dropdown; select the USB Drive that you want to make Windows bootable and click “Create” button(Figure 3).
- Now, the tool will proceed and make the USB drive bootable with windows.
Note: We recommend using USB 3.0 USB drives as they are faster than other USB drives (USB 2.0) .
Note: This method can be used to make a hard disk or external hard disk (USB 3.0) bootable as well.
- Once the process is completed, connect the USB drive to one of your clients then let it boot, once at desktop install CCBoot Client, and upload the image.
Note: You can connect the USB drive to all the different hardware specifications and install their drivers, and once done, upload the image.